Protecting and Cleaning Wood Furniture
Wood products are easy to care for on a regular basis.
- Gently dust and polish with a soft, lint-free buffing cloth.
- The colour of wood matures with exposure to light, it is important to move ornaments regularly and expose table leaves to avoid noticeable colour differences occurring.
- Never use silicon or wax polishes that leave residue on surfaces. Only use good quality wax-free furniture polish, where recommended by the manufacturer.
- Dining chair upholstery can be lightly vacuumed or gently brushed to remove dust.
- Blot up any spills immediately with a damp cloth. Do not try to wash or rub spills and do not use detergents. Finger marks can be removed with a clean, slightly damp cloth.
- Protect wood surfaces with felt under-cloths and place mats.
- Most lacquer or synthetic finishes on real wood give a semi-permanent barrier to make cleaning as easy as possible.
- Clean upholstery at least once a year and before soiling becomes ingrained.
At David Phipp, we have a wide range of wooden furniture. Contact us for more information.
Go back to Furniture Care page